Fwd: register_console is getting stuck in acquire_console_sem()

Ramesh Rajagopal shmera at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:43:50 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ramesh Rajagopal <shmera at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Subject: register_console is getting stuck in acquire_console_sem()
To: kernelnewbies at nl.linux.org, majordomo at vger.kernel.org

I am working on 2.6.35.7-02894-g0482b09-dirty this kernel.

I am trying to use g_serial as console(gadget serial). For that I am
calling register_console() from gserial_setup() function.
But this is getting stuck at acquire_console_sem(). When I printed
semaphore count it is infact 1, but internally it is
getting stuck at down() function spin lock(). Any idea what it could be ?

I have patch which enables gserial as console.

I want to get the kernel prints on USB port(don't have uart on our board).

Regards,
Ramesh.