YAFFS2 not part of Linux Kernel

Pietro Paolini pulsarpietro at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 11:23:32 EDT 2013

Hello all,

reading docs and browsing internet I read that YAFFS2 is not merged in the Linux Kernel and that we should add it as a patch, the date is not write on that documents and I just tried to search YAFFS2 on the latest linux kernel source without relevant results. Then after a look on the www.yaffs.net I discovered a tutorial for merge it and I am sure, yes is not in the kernel tree.

On the website they said is under the GPL license and I don't understand, why is not merged in the Linux Kernel directly ?

It's just a curiosity, thanks in advance.
Pietro.