Missing __versions section on .ko

Ramesh.P rameshpa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:54:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

'Invalid module' is typically thrown when you don't compile your
module against the kernel you are linking into. I think __versions
section is added by vermagic.o as part of build process. Please refer
http://lwn.net/images/pdf/LDD3/ch02.pdf, Version dependency section
for more details.

Thanks,
Ramesh