Regarding KGDB setup over serial cable

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:06:08 EDT 2012

Hi....

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Vivek Panwar <vivekpanwar2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mulyadi,
>
> I did some googling and found one clue that i have to change file system in
> menuconfig file for EXT4 , which support both EXT2 and EXT3 as well,
> so for that i have enable below features in file systems...
>
> # CONFIG_EXT2_FS=n
> # CONFIG_EXT3_FS=n

hm, since your root fs is ext4, well then I guess that is safe...

> CONFIG_EXT4_USE_FOR_EXT2 3=Y

not sure what this variable does. Are you sure it is safe?

anyway, are you sure that the ext4 support itself is already enabled?
either as built in (=Y) or module (=m). If you choose to make it as
module, don't forget to rebuild the initrd/initramfs. Usually "make
install" in the kernel source tree will take care of that.

> After these modifications i crossed earlier error but hit back with 2 new
> errors , below is the description:
>
> 1) EXT4-fs(sda2): could not mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
>     EXT4-fs(sda2): could not mount as ext2 due to feature incompatibilities

not sure what to say here...but I guess that warning is normal because
ext4 is not really backward compatible to ext3/2

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant