Finding the interrupt vector of a given IRQ

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:14:39 EDT 2012

Hi..

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Mark Farnell <mark.farnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is for an assignment, where the student needs to write an
> interrupt handler.
>
> Since the OS is run on a virtual machine,  I need to find a way to
> trigger the IRQ to let the students' interrupt handler to handle the
> interrupt.

If you use Qemu, better consult Qemu folks in qemu-devel.

Anyway, just for example, timer interrupt in Qemu is actually coming
from user space timer trigger (setitimer maybe.... lately it could be
coming from HPET too). So, perhaps what you need to do is add another
Qemu monitor commands that manually triggers this timer function.

Pay attention for the reentrancy issues though.

Hope it helps...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa