Finding the interrupt vector of a given IRQ

anish singh anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 23:46:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 2:57 AM, richard -rw- weinberger
<richard.weinberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Mark Farnell <mark.farnell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the kernel, how can I find out the interrupt vector number of a
>> given IRQ (for example, IRQ7)?
>>
>> Within the kernel module, I would like to manually set the IRQ using
>> the assembly code:
>>
>> asm("int $<irq vector>");
>>
>> and let the IRQ handler installed by a different module catch that interrupt.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> No really because not all IRQ have an interrupt line to the CPU.
> Linux can multiplex and emulate them. Think of GPIO drivers with
> interrupt support.
Can you please describe this in detail?It would really help a lot of
people like me.Does multiplex mean that all numbers starting from
0,1,2,3,...... TOTAL-interrupt will have interrupt lines associated with it
eventhough all interrupt numbers are not linear?