arm L_PTE_XXX entry addition for Debugging purpose

Dhyan linuxdhyan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 05:39:29 EDT 2012

Dear All,

>From linux(2.6.35) arm page table architecture i can see we have one
hardware page table and  there is corresponding Linux page table Entry
(L_PTE_*).The "Linux" PTE definitions are as like below from
arch/arm/include/asm/pgtable.h.

#define L_PTE_PRESENT   (1 << 0)
#define L_PTE_FILE      (1 << 1)
#define L_PTE_YOUNG     (1 << 1)
#define L_PTE_BUFFERABLE(1 << 2)
#define L_PTE_CACHEABLE (1 << 3)
#define L_PTE_USER      (1 << 4)
#define L_PTE_WRITE     (1 << 5)
#define L_PTE_EXEC      (1 << 6)
#define L_PTE_DIRTY     (1 << 7)
#define L_PTE_COHERENT  (1 << 9)
#define L_PTE_SHARED    (1 << 10)

So is it possible to add one more #define L_PTE_DEBUG (1 << 11) for my
debugging purpose (basically to trap all the write to that page and set
this bit when write happens and clear it off in another thread   )? Or is
there any limitation like we can use only L_PTE till 10th bit ?

So could you please help

--

Thanks & Regards

Dhayn