How to read and manipulate IP header using Java.

hu jun duanshuidao at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:48:08 EST 2012

Maybe you can use jpcap library

Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 13:00:14 +0530
Subject: Re: How to read and manipulate IP header using Java.
From: santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
To: prashantpatil321 at gmail.com
CC: kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Prashant Patil <prashantpatil321 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

           I am doing
a project, titled “Steganography using TCP/IP”. In this project, first we have
to encrypt the secret message that sender wants to send for the receiver. After
encrypting, embed that cipher data into image file, the output is as a stego
image and that stego image we have to store in unused field of ip header. Like,
identification field is used only when fragmentation occurs, if we avoid
fragmentation then identification field is always be unused, we can store our
stego imgae in it. I have completed Encryption and Embedding part, but problem
with the IP header. Please suggest how to read IP header using JAVA.

Thanks in advance…

Regards,

Prashant Patil.

 If you want to manipulate packet headers in linux network stack you can use a framework called netfilter and work around with skbuff by writing a LKM, you can then provide an interface so that ur java application can read it out or pass required parameters in the user land application.

Kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org

Regards,
Santosh Kulkarni