How to read and manipulate IP header using Java.

SaNtosh kuLkarni santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 02:30:14 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Prashant Patil
<prashantpatil321 at gmail.com>wrote:

>     <kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>
>
> Hello,
>
>            I am doing a project, titled “Steganography using TCP/IP”. In
> this project, first we have to encrypt the secret message that sender wants
> to send for the receiver. After encrypting, embed that cipher data into
> image file, the output is as a stego image and that stego image we have to
> store in unused field of ip header. Like, identification field is used only
> when fragmentation occurs, if we avoid fragmentation then identification
> field is always be unused, we can store our stego imgae in it. I have
> completed Encryption and Embedding part, but problem with the IP header.
> Please suggest how to read IP header using JAVA.
>
> Thanks in advance…
>

> Regards,
>
> Prashant Patil.

If you want to manipulate packet headers in linux network stack you can use
a framework called netfilter and work around with skbuff by writing a LKM,
you can then provide an interface so that ur java application can read it
out or pass required parameters in the user land application.

*Regards,
Santosh Kulkarni*