Adding the cp210x module to the NAO kernel

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 20:52:51 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 20:08 +0700, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> Another thought, what arch do you use when you compile that kernel
> module? AMD Geode too?

Hi Mulyadi,

I think this might be the issue. I chrooted into the usb and checked the
modinfos for the various modules:

The cp210x.ko module is what I've built, and the vermagic is completely
different compared to the other modules.

> root at ankur [err 130] serial $ for i in `ls`; do modinfo "$i" | sed "/alias/ d"; echo ; done
> filename:       cp210x.ko
> license:        GPL
> version:        v0.09
> srcversion:     AABC22BCCBD49828BA2AE5A
> depends:
> vermagic:       2.6.33.9-rt31 SMP mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS
> parm:           debug:Enable verbose debugging messages (bool)
>
> filename:       ftdi_sio.ko
> license:        GPL
> depends:        usbserial
> vermagic:       2.6.29.6-rt24-aldebaran-rt preempt mod_unload modversions GEODE
> parm:           debug:Debug enabled or not (bool)
> parm:           vendor:User specified vendor ID (default=0x0403) (ushort)
> parm:           product:User specified product ID (ushort)
>
> filename:       usbserial.ko
> license:        GPL
> author:         Greg Kroah-Hartman, greg at kroah.com, http://www.kroah.com/linux/
> depends:
> vermagic:       2.6.29.6-rt24-aldebaran-rt preempt mod_unload modversions GEODE
> parm:           debug:Debug enabled or not (bool)
>
> root at ankur [0] serial $

Is there a way I can compile this module for the GEODE on another system
(Cross compile?)? I also seem to have gotten the wrong kernel version
(rt24 vs rt31). I'll go find the correct kernel version from their
git[1] and retry.

[1] https://github.com/aldebaran/linux-aldebaran/tree/release-1.12/geode

--
Thanks,