power profiling ( /proc/acpi/processor .. missing)

pankaj singh psingh.ait at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 04:18:37 EDT 2011

Hi,
  I am trying to do power profiling of my laptop (DELL LATITUDE) where
i am using ubuntu 11.10.
  For this i m using powertop and acpitool but unfortunately i am not
able to get C and P states.

  when i run `acpitool -c` it says

  Function Show_CPU_Info : could not read directory /proc/acpi/processor/
  Make sure your kernel has ACPI processor support enabled.

  I have already check the config file ACPI_PROCESSOR is enable(in kernel).
  So do i require to install any specific driver to get C and P states.

  For information i m using kernel version 3.0.0-12-generic.

--
Pankaj SIngh
Phone No: 9921865080