KGDB command line options not working for kernel 2.6.32

Spiro Trikaliotis ml-kernelnewbies at spiro.trikaliotis.net
Fri Jun 24 05:51:11 EDT 2011

Hello,

* On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:39:44PM -0700 Shaji Yusuf wrote:

> Im using the following compile options for kernel 2.6.32
> CONFIG_KGDB = y
> CONFIG_KGDB_SERIAL_CONSOLE = y

Same here. The only difference: It is not a vanilla 2.6.32, but a Debian
based 2.6.32-5-686 with only these things changed.

> While booting the kernel Im using the following command line options
>
> kgdboc=ttyS0, 115200 kgdbwait

Do you have the space between "," and "115200"? I use:

   kgdboc=ttyS0,115200 kgdbwait

It works as expected.

> I tried reordering the options with kgdbwait first, but both are not working.

I order for kgdbwait to work, it must be after kgdboc. That's what I
found out the hard way. ;)

> also tried kgdb8250 but no change.

This one is wrong for 2.6.32.

> Any help would be highly appreciated.

Other than the space above, I do not see a big difference between your
setup and mine. Perhaps, the space is the problem?

Best regards
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis                              http://opencbm.sf.net/