inittab is not executing after my Linux box boots up

Prajosh Premdas premdas.prajosh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:07:51 EDT 2011

Hi

I am stuck with a problem. inittab is not executing after my Linux box boots
up.

The problem in detail. I have a linux box, i load the Linux image uImage
using TFTP and my root file system is configured in NFS. After the security
key is generated, my box just waits there infinity. Its not starting a new
terminal.

The new terminal has been specified in the inittab as
ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 vt100 # GENERIC_SERIAL

Can anybody help me out with this problem?

Since i am not able to set password i cannot do a secure shell access too.

--
Regards,

Prajosh Premdas