sysrq-c oops results in hang, not reboot. panic_on_oops=1.

Ali Bahar ali at internetdog.org
Sat Jun 4 07:48:13 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I do a sysrq-c in order to force an oops crash. It works (as it always
has), and dumps the stack. However, it hangs indefinitely, no longer
rebooting.
kernel.panic_on_oops=1, and kernel.panic=0. Is there anything else
which determines the behaviour at this point?

Thank you, in advance, for any insights,
ali

PS I _have_ gotten this stuff (incl. kdump) to work before.

PPS I'd run into this before, a while ago, but did not tend to it till
now, when I _have to_! :-) I'm getting a very reproducible crash (of
2.6.39-rc3 code which I have not touched), and would like to get an
idea of the cause. Mind you, that just hangs the box, so the above
will not be of direct help.