kernel memory allocation

João Eduardo Luís jecluis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 15:40:26 EDT 2011

Hi.

In future replies, please CC the list.

Does it panic in during the kmalloc, or afterwards? Are you checking if 'newBun' is NULL?

I may be missing something obvious in that code, but unless you are out of memory or with some past corruption, I don't think that should panic the kernel.

In any case, the panic trace should help.

Cheers.

---
João Eduardo Luís
gpg key: 477C26E5 from pool.keyserver.eu