how to compile the 0.01 version of kernel

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jan 9 11:32:55 EST 2011

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, KK wrote:

> Hello All,

> I was going through the linux kernel newbie articles in
> kernelnewbies.com and found it very interesting. I downloaded the
> tarballs for the 0.01 version of kernel from :
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/Historic/

  but ... why?  i can appreciate the historical entertainment value to
some extent, but nobody's going to hire you based on your familiarity
with the 0.01 version of the linux kernel.

  surely there are more interesting and potentially profitable ways to
spend your time that employers would care about.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca