How to make the kernel support NTFS?

Parmenides mobile.parmenides at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:06:52 EDT 2011

> well, previously you didn't mention about "make oldconfig", but then
> you said you did "make oldconfig". Which one is right?

It may be an inaccurate expression. 'make oldconfig' are next to
Coping .config, and they are two steps. I mean I don't do them at all.

> The only way "make oldconfig" find the old .config file is AFAIK by
> placing it in top source directory of extracted linux kernel.

When I invoking 'make oldconfig' withou a .config in /usr/src/linux ,
I get these messages:

root [ /usr/src/linux ]# make oldconfig
scripts/kconfig/conf -o arch/x86/Kconfig
#
# using defaults found in /boot/config-2.6.34
#
#
# configuration written to .config
#

So, I think 'make' should get a copy of /boot/.config-2.6.34 into
/usr/src/linux.