multiple dependent out-of-tree modules

Jorgyano Bruno jorgyano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:40:12 EDT 2011

Hello guys!

I'm working with three out-of-tree kernel modules,
one of them export symbols used by the others.
At compile time, MODPOST warns about undefined symbols,
which are defined on the first module
and used in the second and third modules.
When I try to load the modules* "insmod" *returns the error "Unknown Symbol
in module" for those symbols warned by MODPOST.

How can I to compile several out-of-tree modules which depends on one
another and make  to the dependant modules look for the needed symbols on
the directories of the modules which have the symbols?

I have found a similar question here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/newbies/msg22926.html, but unanswered.