Kernel developer proccess

Panagiotis Filippakopoulos filippakpan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:20:45 EDT 2023

Hello. I would like to ask, what your advise would be to a person that
wants to get in the kernel development industry, without having a coputer
science degree. I attended some classes for computer science, but due to
some difficulties i left after the first semester. During that time we
learned a little bit about operating systems and the basics of programming.
Is learning operating systems C and Assembly, for a specific architecture,
(e.g. x86) a good start? What should my steps be after that? Thank you in
advance.

Filippakopoulos Panagiotis