custom compil

A.Péré aurel.pere at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 17:26:40 EST 2023

Hi,
I would like to compile a kernel for fedora following this security
guide ( https://www.ssi.gouv.fr/guide/recommandations-de-securite-relatives-a-un-systeme-gnulinux/
 v2)
I have some parameters that i have put using an ansible role
(https://github.com/robertdebock/ansible-role-kernel).
The compilation works but when i reboot i get a black screen so i
guess i am not doing it the right way.
Ideally I would like to be able to compile new kernel on the fly with
my custom .config file for almalinux server and my fedora workstation
home pc.
I have seen this fedora doc
(https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/kernel/build-custom-kernel/)
but at the paragraph "Building a Kernel from the Fedora dist-git" it
states 3. Make whatever changes or customizations you need, but no
information is provided on how to do that.
Could you help me in doing this?
Thank you