Exporting cpu instruction set to kernel .config file

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Mar 3 18:06:56 EST 2022

On Thu, 03 Mar 2022 20:51:09 +0530, Guddla Rupesh said:

> Finally my request is there any way to export instruct set of my cpu to the
> kernel configuration and so after compilation my video encoding takes less
> time than previous.

Why would the instruction set used by the kernel matter, when video encoding
is done in userspace?  You would get more improvement if you recompiled
the software that does the video encoding - and as I mentioned, it won't help
unless the compiler knows about the opcodes *and* can recognize the spots
in the userspace code where those opcodes would be useful.