List of all available kernel modules per version

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Sep 23 12:57:28 EDT 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 06:39:22PM +0200, Leon Gross wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If got more of a general question: Is there a way to list all the standard
> kernel modules that are included in a specific kernel version?

What do you mean by "standard" exactly?

What architecture?  What types of hardware do you feel are "standard"?

> And I don't meant the currently running modules I could get via lsmod but I
> mean all the modules that are supported by a specific kernel version.
> Or can I even derive these myself from the source tree, without even
> compiling the kernel (that would be very helpful)?

A random list of module names probably does not help much (hint, what
hardware does the module that is called "option.ko" support?")

What problem are you trying to solve here?

thanks,

greg k-h