Fwd: Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v5.12

wuzhouhui wuzhouhui14 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Thu Feb 25 23:54:16 EST 2021

I'm confused about what the Linus said. It seemed that the branch cannot
be rebased after merged into linux-next under normal circumstances, why?

Linus found this issue by check commit time of commits, but I also found so
many commit in mainline are too young to be merged into linux-next before
merge to mainline. If the rebase is not recommended, why people like to
do rebase after commits are merged into linux-next?

Thanks