Getting started on writing a driver for the rpi4

Jacko Dirks jdirks.linuxdev at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:19:35 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I want to get started on writing a driver for the I2C slave for the
Raspberry Pi 4. Now, I have a feeling that I cannot just write the thing
and then dump it on everyone involved, not in the last place because I
have never submitted a kernel patch before. So, should I email a mailing
list warning everyone of what I want to do? Is there anything else I
should know about?

To clarify, this is not about the creation of the driver itself, more of
a meta question of how to announce that I want to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Jacko Dirks