Advice about the linux kernel development process

Oscar Carter oscar.carter at gmx.com
Sat Jun 20 10:39:15 EDT 2020

Hi,

I've been working in the KSPP task number 20: "Enable -Wcast-function-type
globally" [1] but now I have some questions about the development process.

I sent a v3 patch for the firewire subsystem [2] and a v5 patch series for
the acpi/irqchip subsystems [3]. During the process I've received comments
and suggestions about my work but now these two threads have no responses
in three weeks.

When I've send patches to the staging area if they have no responses, in a
few days I received a mail from Greg to tell me that the specific patch had
been applied to one of the branches of his git tree.

Now, what it's the correct workflow out of the staging area? Are these
patches in a process of been applied or have they been forgotten? Do I need
to insist? And how?

[1] https://github.com/KSPP/linux/issues/20
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/kernel-hardening/20200530090839.7895-1-oscar.carter@gmx.com/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/kernel-hardening/20200530143430.5203-1-oscar.carter@gmx.com/