Crash recovery kernel error

Harsh chopra serviceprovider.tester at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:01:16 EDT 2020

I cloned the kernel from "git clone git://
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git".
I selected the branch 5.7.y for building the kernel, I used the command
"make menuconfig" to select specific  modules  and to avoid other options
that come up while making the .config file.

I was able to successfully install the kernel but when I started the kernel
version 5.8.3+ , the system freezes with the message "see systemctl status
kdump.service".
When I looked in the logs I found this message "Failed to start Crash
recovery kernel arming"
My operating system is Centos 7.8.2003 kernel 3.10.
Any help will be appreciated.