Current Instruction Pointer Along Memory Access for A specific Process

Irfan Ullah (울라 이르판) irfan at dke.khu.ac.kr
Mon Jun 8 08:28:37 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,
I am trying to generate the log of instruction pointers (IPs) along with
corresponding memory accesses (including the page faults) in a sequence for
a specific application. I have generated the log of page faults along with
corresponding memory addresses by modifying the Linux Kernel code for a
specific application, but  I didn't find the location of the
current instruction pointers along with corresponding memory addresses;
being analyzing Linux kernel code for more than a week. I think what I need
is available in the code related to the CPU control unit because it handles
the fetch-execute cycle; I looked for it but couldn't find the code
responsible for the fetch-execute cycle in the kernel code.

Could anyone suggest to me where could I find the current value of  IP
along with the memory address in the Kernel code?

 There are some tools available to generate the log of instruction pointers
with memory accesses but I can't use them because I need a log of memory
accesses and page faults in exact sequence and order along with
corresponding IPs.

Thank you.

--
*Best Regards,*