BeagleBone Black patches

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Wed May 15 04:57:40 EDT 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM Shyam Saini <mayhs11saini at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> Hi Amit,
>

> > I have started trying my hands on BBB. When I use this repo,
> > https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev
> > to build BBB kernel, patches are applied on mainline/stable kernel release.
> >
> > When I build mainline kernel, there is not any defconfig for BBB
> > (there is omap2plus).
> >
> > Should BBB specific patches be sent to the mailing list step by step?
>
> By looking at [1] Buildroot beaglebone defconfig, it suggests that
> beaglebon is using omap2plus as defconfig
> and seems like it uses [2]am335x-boneblack.dts, which is already there
> in mainline.
>
> [1] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/configs/beaglebone_defconfig#n11
> [2] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/configs/beaglebone_defconfig#n13

Thank you for your quick reply.
Mainline kernel build is going on BBB with omap2plus_defconfig.
There is another option, to use repo,
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux
with bb.org_defconfig

It is always possible to configure kernel as required.
Leave issue of defconfig behind.
Mainly I am worried about patches not in upstream/mainline kernel.

I'm going to compare above repository and mainline kernel source.