Userspace configurable GPIO pinout

Laurence Rochfort laurence.rochfort at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:26:55 EST 2019

Hi all,

I'm writing a driver for an ePaper display, that will attach via GPIO.

I've read the docs in Documentation/GPIO, and
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio.

The ePaper itself just has a 34pin flat-flex cable, so people will have to
use an adapter board to convert to the GPIO headers for a given system.

I'd appreciate advice on the best/canonical way to allow userspace to
configure the pinout. I read the devicetree docs, but my interpretation was
that was more for a somewhat static configuration to be provided by device
vendors.

Many thanks,
Laurence