Backporting stacked security patch

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Oct 31 02:50:39 EDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 09:19:08PM +0300, Lev Olshvang wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks for a reply.
>
> While diff between two kernels is indeed tremendous, the commits which were done in security subsystem do not look too bid,.
> There are 7 commits, and 2 of them is about comments and one about file deletion.

Try them and see!  :)

> I see that in 4.1 Smack was changed  (couple of commits) and about 12 commits in
> SeLinux and Smack that we were changed  in 4.0,  and in 3.19 only IMA was changed.
>
> So the job is to apply very limited number of commits, and commits of 4.1 or 4.0 are not important for me because I am interested only in Apparmor
> stacking
>
> Perhaps I am overlooking some basic issue ?

Why are you "allowed" to change a core part of how the kernel works, but
not able to update to a newer kernel version?  What keeps people from
being even more worried about that?  The fact that a number does not
change?

Realize that what you are attempting to do is create a kernel that no
one else has ever tested or run before, so it is only up to you to get
everything correct.  And it is up to you to support that beast on your
own, good luck!  :)

greg k-h