Fwd: Learning Linux Kernel Development

Carter Cheng cartercheng at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:35:20 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carter Cheng <cartercheng at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:52 PM
Subject: Learning Linux Kernel Development
To: <kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>

Hello,

I am actually kind of interested in learning linux kernel development and
have been over the last few weeks going through Love's Linux Kernel
Development book which details the situation in the kernel around linux
2.6. Obviously for a book of such limited length he can probably only go
into some of the details and give a taste of what is actually is going on.
I have a couple questions however and I was wondering if this was the
correct place to ask-

1. After finishing the book and perhaps Understanding the Linux Kernel and
Linux Device Drivers. What is the best way to dig deeper.
2. Is there some good way to figure out how to update knowledge gained from
this book to what is in the 4.x series of kernels?

Thanks,

Carter.