V4l2 Sensor driver and V4l2 ctrls

MUHAMMED ASAD P T muhammed.asadpt at iqroottech.com
Fri Mar 30 02:08:07 EDT 2018

Hi All,

In reference sensor drivers, they used the V4L2_CID_DV_RX_POWER_PRESENT v4l2 ctrl.

It is a standard ctrl and created using v4l2_ctrl_new_std().

The doubts are:

1. Whether in our sensor driver, we need to create this Control Id or not. How to take the decision on this. Since this is the standard ctrl. When we need to use these standard ctrls??

2. In Sensor driver, the ctrls creation is anything depends on the bridge driver.

Based on bridge driver, whether we need to create any ctrls in Sensor driver.

This question belongs to design of the sensor driver.

Thanks & Regards

- Asad

  IQ Root Technologies