Invalid module format

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Feb 23 22:06:14 EST 2018

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:29:33 +1100, "Tobin C. Harding" said:

> (For the record I happened to be trying to learn about linux-next myself
> this morning and built a kernel that just goes into a reboot loop
> without even getting to the grub menu.

OK, I'll bite - how can the kernel go into a reboot loop that doesn't get to the
grub menu?  (Hint: How does your system get from the BIOS splash screen to
starting the kernel? :)

(Though I've seen kernels that flash the screen like they're rebooting but they're
actually hung in a loop, and I've heard some great bar stories about kexec/kdump
gone horribly astray and re-invoking the current kernel rather than the kexec target
kernel....)