How to handle Hotplug with UIO userspace driver

Divakar divakar.chitturi at hpe.com
Thu Sep 28 14:51:52 EDT 2017

Hi Mandeep,
Recently i encountered similar issue with UIO framework in hotplug
scenario. I reviewed the earlier patch from 2010 and your 4 patch
series. 4 patch series seems to work. I checked the latest kernel
source and i dont think your patches have been merged. Hopefully
i am not looking at the wrong place. If they are not merged is there
a plan to merge them ? I do think these patches are required.

I also found a bug in your patch set which is discussed here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/6/14/30. I was able to workaround/fix it.
I can upload a patch if needed.

Please advice if you plan to get the patchset merged.

Thanks
Divakar