keyboard behavior change

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Fri Sep 29 22:12:18 EDT 2017

I have changed drivers/tty/vt/keyboard.c to allow me to use my return
key (or any other key) as a control key if pressed with another key or
simply as the return key when pressed and released. This only works in
virtual consoles.

I would like to figure out where to move this code to make it work
all the way up, so it will work in virtual consoles, X11 apps, and for
all keyboards.

I want to make it appear that 'keyboards' just work this way.

Anyone have any feedback to where to do something like this?

I have considered doing it with X, but I also would like it to work in
virtual consoles as well as X.