How to verify linux-next

Pintu Kumar pintu.ping at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:26:41 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Damian Tometzki
<damian.tometzki at icloud.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ubuntu 16.04 with current linux-next Kernel workson virtualbox 5.1.28
>
> Host: Windows 10
> Guest: Ubuntu 16.04
>
> Best regards
> Damian
>

> Am Freitag, den 29.09.2017, 08:41 -0400 schrieb
> valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu:
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:08:07 +0530, Pintu Kumar said:
>>

>> > I have a general question.
>> > How do we normally verify linux-next tree?
>> The same exact way you "verify" any other Linux kernel, for whatever
>> definition of "verify" you plan to use.
>>

>> > 1) For Oracle virtual box 5.1.26 with ubuntu-32 bit, the linux-next
>> > kernel is not booting.
>> Does an Ubuntu kernel boot correctly under VirtualBox?  If not, fix
>> that issue first.  Also, "is not booting" isn't detailed enough for
>> anybody
>> to make even a guess as to what's wrong.
>>
>> Also, note that 5.1.28 is out.

Ok, I just updated to 5.1.28. And my Ubuntu version is already 16.04.
Let me try again if it works.
Thanks all for your reply.

BTW, I am more interested in my another query about QEMU arm.
This will be much quicker and easy for me.
But the problem is I wanted to use multiple ssh shell on qemu.
Also I needed a pre-built rootfs image for qemu-arm, cortex-a9
versatilepb machine.
It should have networking and ssh built-in so that I can connect to it
using PUTTY client.
Note that I could able to build my own minimal busybox and boot qemu
using linux-next (non graphical mode).
But I could able to get only one shell.
I need to test some client/server problem, so I need multiple shell.
I am not able to configure net/ssh on this qemu system.

So, I have 2 things to ask:
1) If you have pointers on how to setup ssh/net connection on QEMU
with busybox, do let me know.
2) Let, please point me to a pre-built qemu-arm busy box image with
full features.

Thanks,
Pintu