Any successful story of debugging linux 4.13 with qemu 2.10 and gdb 8.01?

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 02:09:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

> I have seen this solution during searching answers. But without "-S"
> (-S stalls QEMU CPU at startup), the kernel will not stop util it reaches
> busybox command line.
> In other word, you have no method to debug the Linux early boot process.

The early boot process is highly architecture dependent.
You can emulate a virtual device close to what you have as a real
device and write drivers for that.

Please follow the below link as to how Android emulator(which uses
qemu at backend) does it -
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/qemu/+/master/docs/GOLDFISH-VIRTUAL-HARDWARE.TXT

Regards,
Saket Sinha