Swap causing huge latency on disk IO operations

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Sep 10 02:02:44 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 11:26:14AM +0530, Sudharsan Vijayaraghavan wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> My general question is that has the community seen "swap latency issues with
> disk IO" in general. Further can we assume that later kernels (like 4.4) does
> not exhibit such a behavior.

"later" kernels are hundreds of thousands of changes newer than the
kernel you are using, so really, the responsibility is for you to try it
out on your workload to see if it works better or not (and if not, then
let the developers know, after you have tried 4.13).  There is nothing
we can do to go back in time and change an obsolete, old, kernel version
:)

good luck!

greg k-h