Swap causing huge latency on disk IO operations

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Sep 10 01:02:03 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 12:06:36AM +0530, Sudharsan Vijayaraghavan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are running a pretty (rather a very old kernel) 2.6.32. Nevertheless we do
> see huge latency on disk IO once system starts using swap.

That's your problem, 2.6.32 is _very_ old and obsolete.  No one in the
community can help you out with that release anymore, sorry.

Please go get support from the company that is forcing you to stay at
such an old kernel version, as you are already paying them for that
support.

I strongly recommend you use a more modern kernel release, you will find
that things should be _much_ better...

good luck!

greg k-h