How to alloc_pages from a given physical memory?

Kamil Konieczny k.konieczny at partner.samsung.com
Thu Jul 6 06:01:59 EDT 2017

On 06.07.2017 11:43, kipade wrote:
> In fact, I want to allocate a continous of pages from a given physical
> address for a shm object in
>
> shmem_file_setup, might i should write a customized shmem_file_setup2
> for this?

> I use arm 32bit cpu, with kernel 3.14

why do want this specific address 0x90000000 ?

can it be 0x40000000 ? or 0x50000000 ? or 0x68880000 ?

is this 0x90000000 located in hardware registers ?

some memory regions are not accessible directly for allocation,
because they are used for communication with hardware SoC,
and so they are used by kernel drivers or directly by kernel

kernel driver may or may not expose that memory region for user space,
but this is driver work

maybe you should ask on platform forum,
you did not answer my question on what platform you are working

--
Best regards,
Kamil Konieczny