How do you generate the config file?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Jan 29 20:23:21 EST 2017

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:27:04 -0800, Guru Das S said:

> 2. Run make localmodconfig (I also got a bunch of prompts for
> parameters I had no idea about. I just pressed down Enter till the
> stream of options stopped flowing!)

Remember to insert all your USB/whatever widgets before running this, so
their drivers are loaded - localmodconfig uses the output of lsmod, so if
the module(s) for the driver aren't loaded, the resulting kernel won't
support that widget.

(You don't need to have them all plugged in at once, you can unplug each one
once they've been noticed by the system. Just make sure each one gets plugged
in at least once after boot and before localmodconfig)