Kconfig recursion error

Blatinox blatinox at lse.epita.fr
Tue Nov 22 12:02:12 EST 2016

Hi Amit,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 11:30:06 +0000
Amit Kumar <free.amit.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM Amit Kumar <free.amit.kumar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > When I configure  kernel like,
> > CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- ARCH=arm make omap2plus_defconfig
> > I get error as follows,
> > HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
> >   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
> >   SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
> >   SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
> >   SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
> >   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
> >   HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
> > drivers/remoteproc/Kconfig:3:error: recursive dependency detected!
> > For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> > subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> > drivers/remoteproc/Kconfig:3: symbol REMOTEPROC is selected by
> > QCOM_ADSP_PIL
> > For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
> > subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
> > drivers/remoteproc/Kconfig:81: symbol QCOM_ADSP_PIL depends on REMOTEPROC
> > #
> > # configuration written to .config
> > #
> > I think Documentation/kbuild/Kconfig.recursion-issue-02 is applicable,
> > because REMOTEPROC is mentioned in depends on and select at different
> > places.
> >
> > I am using a branch based on next-20161117.

It has been fixed by commit cc7d54b05057 ("remoteproc: adsp-pil: fix
recursive dependency") available since next-20161122.

I am wondering one thing: is the dependency on REMOTEPROC necessary
for QCOM_ADSP_PIL symbol (and other symbols in the same file) even if
this symbol is defined inside an 'if REMOTEPROC' block ?