Minimul Config file for Dev Environment

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sat Jul 30 19:16:13 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 01:24:58AM +0530, Jitendra wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I usually compile the linux kernel by copying current system .config file. But the
> problem it compile bunch things that I don't which is required. My aim
> is setup filesystem environmrnt setup on my laptop.
>
> Could somebody point the minimal .config file that will save from me
> reading all the options and compile the kernel quickly and test it.

'make localmodconfig'

Read the help file for it first, for how to use it properly (i.e. plug
in all devices you want to use on the machine first.)

And a simple 'make help' provides a lot of information, I suggest
reading it as it contains lots of options like this to help you out.

hope this helps,

greg k-h