Pending work related to kernel for a newbie

sham pavman shampavman.cg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:56:45 EDT 2016

Hi Ashijeet,

Its almost always true that we all start off with bugzilla and i believe
you should start from there as well. ( pick up bite size bugs) and start
solving.

However, there is another very important thing. C programming will help you
code in a solution to the problem and often that's the most easiest part.
Its highly important that you understand the problem first.
Understand the subsystems , how they interact . I would urge you to first
read about the linux kernel and how it explains all the subsystems and then
start looking at the issues.

You can solve small issues for the fun of it. But the real strength(at
least if you ask me) of a kernel Engineer is to understand the problem
first.
There are lots of materials online. But if you wish to read any specific
book then
https://books.google.co.in/books/about/Unix_Internals.html?id=Z7qfu9NK7WQC

That's where i started from