Patch Series

Roger H Newell newell.roger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:38:23 EST 2016

Hi all:

I have a question about creating a patch series. I'm working in
drivers/staging/wilc1000 fixing code style. If for example 2 errors are
reported by checkpatch.pl error A and error B, it seems logical that I
could fix all occurrences of error A as one patch and all occurrences of
error B in a second patch.

My question is, is it OK to fix all occurrences of error A across the files
inside drivers/staging/wilc1000 as one patch and all occurrences of error B
across all files inside drivers/staging/wilc1000 as a second patch?

The alternative would be to create a patch that fixes all errors of A and a
patch that fixes all errors of B per file ? In some cases there are so many
occurrences of a particular error across files it probably does make more
sense to create the patches per file.

Any thoughts or clarifications on this ?

Cheers:
Roger H. Newell