Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

vibnwis vibnwis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:16:11 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I need to unset default value of LOCKDEP(=y) and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT(=y)
to both "n". Having asked around and had tried for at least 3 days,
seriously I still couldn't get both items configured as "n"

Perhaps someone can help me on this item first. For instance, Symbol
TRACE_IRQFLAGS description below, to set it, it will need the logics below:

PROVE_LOCKING [=y] && DEBUG_KERNEL [=y] && TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT [=y] &&
STACKTRACE_SUPPORT [=y] && LOCKDEP_SUPPORT [=y] ||
IRQSOFF_TRACER [=n] && TRACING_SUPPORT [=y] && FTRACE

To unset it, I could either set DEBUG_KERNEL=n or set TRACING_SUPPORT=n (or
FTRACE=n). However, having set it, yet I don't see symbol TRACE_IRQFLAGS is
unset.

Anything wrong of my interpretation of the logics above?

Copied from "/" type TRACE_IRQFLAGS in menuconfig

  │ Symbol: TRACE_IRQFLAGS
[=y]
│
  │ Type  :
boolean
│
  │   Defined at
lib/Kconfig.debug:1047
│
  │   Selected by: PROVE_LOCKING [=y] && DEBUG_KERNEL [=y] &&
TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT [=y] && STACKTRACE_SUPPORT [=y] && LOCKDEP_SUPPORT
[=y] || IRQSOFF_TRACER [=n] && TRACING_SUPPORT [=y] && FTRACE [=n │

│
│

│
│