Set the ACPI=on on the cmdline, and the OS can not boot.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 10 09:48:19 EDT 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:41:51 +0800, tianlilai said:
>  When I set the ACPI=on on the cmdline,and the OS can not boot(If set
> ACPI=off, The system is OK). The attachmemt file is the     booting log. Would
> help me slove this ploblem? Thanks very much.

>  Note:kernel version v2.6.18,and the arch is x86_64.

That's an ancient kernel - 9 years ago.  So you're missing the last 9 years
of ACPI fixes.

Also, problems like this are usually caused by the BIOS having buggy ACPI
tables that don't match the actual hardware - and if you're still on 2.6.18,
your BIOS is probably equally out of date.  And you would need to be a *lot*
more specific about the hardware than "x86_64" - for instance,"Dell Latitude
E6530 laptop with BIOS A16".

Unfortunately for you, I doubt anybody is going to want to give much more
assistance than this for free until you're running a kernel from the
last 2-3 years and the most recent BIOS the manufacturer has released.
(I can think of a number of people that will do this for contract work, but
be prepared to pay US$50/hour and up...)