Looking for easy first-timer tasks

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 5 15:24:58 EDT 2015

On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 19:37:54 -0700, Sean Bollin said:
> I'm interested in getting started doing kernel dev.

Why?  Fame? Fortune? It's a chick magnet? You're totally pissed off
because suspend/resume is wonky on your laptop?

If you *really* want to help, just get yourself a copy of the linux-next
tree, build it every week or so, and file bug reports/patches if you hit
something odd. We need code coverage testers more than we need random
patches - and Grek KH will verify that most kernel releases, I manage to
break it anywhere from 1 to 4 times a release just using it day-to-day on
my main laptop (not even pointing trinity or iozone or any other stress
tester at it).