dumping large buffers to file

Ramon Fried ramon.fried at tandemg.com
Tue Nov 24 01:30:22 EST 2015

Hi.
I'm currently debugging a ISP DMA issue in a kernel module.
For debugging, I would like to dump buffers to a file on run time.
The buffers are quite big, 1MB at least.
As saving a file directly from kernel is discouraged, is there any available framework for doing such a thing ?
I can think of numerous ways of transferring the buffer to user space and saving it by a dedicated user process (Netlink, sysfs, char device, etc.)

I just don't want to invent the wheel. How do you do it ?

Thanks.
Ramon