Raw binary Image of linux

victorascroft at gmail.com victorascroft at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:18:21 EDT 2015

Hello,

On 15-03-17 11:42:01, chirag garg wrote:
> Hello sir,

You do not have to call me or anyone sir. We are probably of the same
age. :p

> I changed my uboot version to 2014.07 and tried the following commands on
> the board.
>
> u-bbot> mmc dev 1
> u-boot>fatload mmc 1:1 0x11000000 imx6q-sabresd.dtb
> u-boot>fatload mmc 1:1 0x12000000 uImage
> u-boot>bootm 0x12000000 - 0x11000000
>
> I got the following output:
>
> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 12000000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-3.18.4
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    5445640 Bytes = 5.2 MiB
>    Load Address: 10001000
>    Entry Point:  10001000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 11000000
>    Booting using the fdt blob at 0x11000000
>
> Starting kernel ...
>
> So what could be the reason behind this ? And as you said in previous mail
> to check environment variable ? which variable should i check to debug this
> ?

Try loading the uImage to 0x10800000 and the dtb blob at 0x12000000.
Perhaps that will work. So now it becomes bootm 0x10800000 - 0x12000000?

If it doesn't so now this needs to be debug. Enable CONFIG_DEBUG_LL and
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK options and see if you get some more debug messages.

When I said check environment variables, I meant if there any any
variables which the uboot for sabre might have predefined. It would be
helpful to have a look.

- Sanchayan.